The Future of Privacy in Teaching and Learning
Watch Audrey Watters’ talk on Privacy and Trust in Open Education.
Think about the different themes she raises
- What does privacy mean to you?
- Should these same values be respected in both institutional and non-traditional learning environments?
- What is a private exchange of information?
In a group, listen to Cory Doctorow’s talk on Privacy and Trust in Open Education
Consider and reflect
- On questions that you think the future learner should ask themselves before learning with the digital.
- On questions that you think the future educator should ask themselves before learning with the digital.
Homework on the Move
Listen to the remainder of the Speaking Openly videos and write a reflective blog.
Readings, viewings, listenings…
- Article: Are universities collecting too much information on staff and students?
- Article: Domains in a Post-Ownership Society
- Podcast: Chips with Everything
- Interactive Documentary: Do Not Track Me
- Article: 2 Location Apps can Reveal your Identity
- Article: Oversharing and Privacy, a Public Concern
- Video: Cookies sound yummy, but most aren’t good for you.
- Article: Machine Bias
Exercises and Tools
Check out #PrivacyUG, the Open and Underground Class