See #edu8213 for a continuous flow of related learning materials
Recommended academic articles
Each student is asked to recommend one academic article
- Science and Complexity by Warren Weaver, American Scientist, 36:536 (1948)
- Global Kids Online – global research project at the LSE gathering evidence on children’s online rights, opportunities and risks.
- Digital Pedagogy Lab – exploring the role of technology in education.
- Blake, R. J. (2013). Brave new digital classroom: Technology and foreign language learning. Georgetown University Press
- Daniel M. (2009). Digital Cityscapes: merging digital and urban playspaces. New York: Peter Lang Publishing, Inc.
- Cuban, L. (1986) Teachers and Machines: The classroom use of technology since 1920, New York: Teachers College Press
- Dron, J & Anderson, T. (2014) Teaching Crowds: learning and social media. New York: Athabasca University Press.
- Edwards, A. (2012) New Technology and Education, London: Continuum.
- Jimoyiannis, A. (2011) Research on e-learning and ICT in education. London: Springer.
- Kumari, M.A. (2004) Methods of Educational Psychology. New York: Discovery.
- Kurweil, R. (2005) The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology, New York: Viking Penguin.
- Selywyn, N. (2011) Education and Technology, London: Continuum.
- Sequeira, A. H. (2012). Self-Learning is the Future: A New Paradigm for the 21st Century.
- Such, D. (2010) Education Futures, Teachers and Technology, Bristol, Futurelab.
- Surowiecki, J. (2004) The Wisdom of Crowds, Great Britain: Little, Brown.
- Rennie, F & Morrison, T. (2013) e-learning and social networking handbook: resources for higher education. London: Routledge.
- Tomei, L.A. (2010) Online Courses and ICT Education: emerging practices and applications. New York: IGI Global.
- White, B; King, I & Tsang, P. (2011) Social Media Tools and Platforms in Learning Environments. New York: Springer.
- Callaghan, V., Gardner, M., Horan, B., Scott, J., Shen, L., & Wang, M. (2008). A mixed reality teaching and learning environment. In Hybrid Learning and Education (pp. 54-65). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Facer, K and Sandford, R. (2010) The next 25 years? Future scenarios and future directions for education and technology, Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, Vol.26, No 1, 4-93.
BBC. (2015) ‘How social media is changing education’, BBC Active, 29/11/15.
Britland, M. (2013) ‘What is the future of technology in education?’, Guardian, [online], date accessed, 29/11/15;
Dunn, L.A. (2014) ‘Teaching in higher education: can social media enhance the learning experience?’, University of Glasgow, [online], date accessed, 29/11/15.
Education Scotland. (2015) ‘Role of ICT in learning’, Education Scotland, [online].
OECD (2008) Schooling for Tomorrow, The Starter Pack: Futures Thinking in Action.
University of Leicester. (2015) ‘Social Media in Teaching and Learning’, University of Leicester.